Terms and Conditions
Please take a moment to read below as by placing an order you will be deemed to have read and agreed to these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be interpreted with in accordance with UK legislation.
If you are uncertain or disagree with these, please contact one of our customer service team via email at email@example.com or phone on +44 (0)1273 815033. Please do this before placing an order with us.
A contract between the customer and Glyndebourne Enterprises Ltd. for the sale of our products will exist once an order has been accepted. At this point the buyer’s credit or debit card will be charged for the value of the order. This does not affect the customer’s statutory rights. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.
Price and availability
Orders are subject to availability. Every care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions and specifications are correct. All dimensions are approximate and while we make every effort to reproduce colour accurately, there may be slight variations that occur.
Offers and promotions
All our Glyndebourne offers, discounts and promotions exclude our Glyndebourne Programme Book, Glyndebourne Gift Vouchers, Glyndebourne Tour Gift Membership, our Art Gallery, Print to Order and items already in sale. Our offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, are for a one-time use only per customer and apply to glyndebourneshop.com.
Buying products from the Glyndebourne Shop is as safe as using your credit card in the high street. Your credit card and personal details are encrypted and sent via SSL (Secure Socket Layer), an industry standard for the transmission of private data. We do not store your credit card details.
Glyndebourne Shop Policies
Please also see our policies for:Exchange & Returns
Your right to cancel
Cancellation of an order after payment and before dispatch
You have the right to cancel a purchase by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44 (0)1273 815033. You will receive a full refund including postage costs.
You will receive email confirmation of the cancellation of your order the next working day (excludes weekends and bank holidays).
As most orders are processed and dispatched on the next working day, the items may have been dispatched before this notification is received.
Cancellation of an order after dispatch
- You are entitled to cancel your contract with us provided you exercise that right within 28 days of the receipt of goods.
- You will receive email confirmation of the cancellation of your order the next working day (excludes weekends and bank holidays).
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation you must inform us of your decision to cancel with a clear statement by email at email@example.com, or write to us:
Goods should be returned to us and we will refund (to the original method of payment) the full cost of the original item(s). We will only refund the cost of postage if the good(s) are faulty. We recommend that you obtain proof of posting your return parcel. We will inform you by email when the good(s) are received and we will refund you within 14 days of us receiving the good(s).
Glyndebourne Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
- Gift Vouchers are valid for five years from date of issue.
- They can be used to buy tickets for performances, programmes and Glyndebourne shop items.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be used at Glyndebourne at Leith’s bars or restaurants. In addition they cannot be used at any other venue including Tour venues or cinema screenings.
- If you wish to make payment for tickets with a Gift Voucher, please go online or telephone Box Office and Customer Service on +44 (0)1273 815000. For programmes or shop items please telephone the Glyndebourne Shop on +44 (0)1273 815033.
- If you wish to use a Gift Voucher retrospectively, please telephone Box Office and Customer Service on +44 (0)1273 815000.
- If you do not spend the entire balance of the Gift Voucher, the remaining balance will be reprinted and reissued. You may also check the balance of a Gift Voucher online. No cash refund will be given.
- Gift Vouchers may be exchanged for tickets or goods of a higher price than the value stored on the voucher on payment of the difference.
- Gift Vouchers should be treated as cash. They cannot be redeemed for cash in part or whole, or replaced if lost or stolen.
- Future Gift Voucher balance updates will be printed, and will display ticket terms and conditions, however, these Gift Voucher terms and conditions continue to apply.
- Glyndebourne cannot be held responsible for lost or delayed post.
- We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time.
Glyndebourne Shop copyright notice
The text and images contained at firstname.lastname@example.org belong to Glyndebourne Enterprises Ltd (GEL) unless otherwise stated and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You can print or download any part of the text and images for personal use only and any copies must retain the copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material. Any other use could lead to action or breach of copyright.
You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the contents of www.glyndebourneshop.com for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video without the written permission of Glyndebourne Enterprises Ltd.
Shop Loyalty Club Terms & Conditions
- All members of the Shop Loyalty Club must be aged 18 years or over.
- If you are a ticket holder attending a performance at Glyndebourne, you can register for the Shop Loyalty Club free of charge in our Glyndebourne Shop. Alternatively, you can register online via email@example.com. The Shop Loyalty Club scheme requires the registration of your email address for identification and security purposes.
- Shop Loyalty Club cards will be issued in the Glyndebourne Shop at till points. For security reasons, Shop Loyalty Club cards are required for redeeming points at our Shop till points. Online registrations do not require the issuing of Shop Loyalty Club cards because security is held with your personal glyndebourneshop.com password and login details. Online registration to the Shop Loyalty Club are issued with a unique customer number. If, at a later stage, the online registered Shop Loyalty Club customer attends Glyndebourne and wishes to redeem Shop Loyalty Club points in store, our shop staff will issue you with a Shop Loyalty Club card so the points are redeemed securely at our Shop till points.
- The Shop Loyalty Club card, in whatever form, is not transferable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is named and registered for the card.
- Shop Loyalty Club customers cannot add money to their card; it is a promotional loyalty card and not a cheque guarantee card, debit card or credit card. You cannot transfer your Card or any of the stored points on it to any other person.
- Shop Loyalty Club customers are only entitled to one Shop Loyalty Club account each. The Glyndebourne Shop reserves the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
- The Glyndebourne Shop reserves the right to close accounts left dormant for more than 3 years.
- Your Shop Loyalty Club card is personal to you. Your account cannot be combined with another account to redeem points. We do not issue additional Shop Loyalty Club cards for your account, but your family and friends can of course apply for their own Shop Loyalty Club cards.
- The Shop Loyalty Club is only for personal and consumer use. Shop Loyalty Club accounts and cards cannot be used for any business transaction or purpose.
- Shop Loyalty Club cards can only be used for purchases from the Glyndebourne Shop(s) located in the Glyndebourne grounds and for purchases made online at www.glyndebourneshop.com.
- Shop Loyalty Club accounts, cards and points cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
- Shop Loyalty Club customers must register their personal details and keep the Glyndebourne Shop informed of any changes. The Glyndebourne Shop cannot be held responsible for any loss of points incurred as a result of out of date details, and may cancel Shop Loyalty Club customers accounts if details are clearly no longer current.
- If a new Shop Loyalty Club card is not activated within one year of receipt, the account will be at risk of being closed.
- The safekeeping of the Shop Loyalty Club cards remains the responsibility of the Shop Loyalty Club customers, as do any security details relating to the account i.e. email and password. The Glyndebourne Shop cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the Shop Loyalty Club customer failing to ensure the security or safe-keeping of these items.
- The Glyndebourne Shop may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel Shop Loyalty Club accounts, cards and points, in whatever form, and/or remove a Shop Loyalty Club customer at any time where there is reasonable belief of:
- Any abuse or attempted abuse of the Shop Loyalty Club scheme;
- Any breach or attempted breach of these terms & conditions
- Any behaviour relating to Shop Loyalty Club or the Glyndebourne Shop that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
- Shop Loyalty Club customers can choose to leave the Shop Loyalty Club at any time. By leaving the schemeShop Loyalty Club customers forfeit the right to any points already accrued.
- The current conversion value of points is 1 point for every £1 you spend and each point is worth 3p. We will not exchange Shop Loyalty Club points for cash. We may from time-to-time change the number of points you collect on products and services included in the scheme. We will display notices in the Glyndebourne Shop and at firstname.lastname@example.org advising customers of changes and promotional activities.
- Shop Loyalty Club points can be earned at the Glyndebourne Shop(s) located at Glyndebourne and for purchases made online at www.glyndebourneshop.com.Points will be collected on all purchases over £1.
- To be awarded points, Shop Loyalty Club customers must spend £1 or above on qualifying products in a single transaction. During time of point promotions or special offers, the amount of points awarded may change and may vary depending on the products bought, the amount spent and where the transaction takes place.
- Shop Loyalty Club customers must present their Shop Loyalty Club card at the checkout in order to collect points for a transaction made in the Glyndebourne Shop. It may be possible for members who forget to do this at the time of the transaction to have their points added manually at the Shop, but this cannot be guaranteed if the customer has not activated their card. Upon production of a valid receipt, provided the receipt belongs to the claiming Shop Loyalty Club customer, relates to their personal expenditure and is produced within 14 days of the original transaction date, it may also be possible to manually add points for a transaction to the Shop Loyalty Club customer’s account. All queries of this nature, please contact the Glyndebourne Shop on 01273 815033 or email email@example.com. Points may only be claimed for up to two transactions or receipts per day. Receipts may need to be posted or emailed to the Glyndebourne Shop. Please contact the Glyndebourne Shop at anytime if you need assistance with this.
- Shop Loyalty Club customers will be required to quote their Shop Loyalty Club card number to collect points on purchases made through any Shop catalogue or phone transaction. All online registered Shop Loyalty Club customers only require their unique customer number to make purchases via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certain products and services are excluded from the Shop Loyalty Club scheme at the discretion of the Glyndebourne Shop from time to time, particularly those which are the subject of other promotional activity. The Shop Loyalty Club excludes points earned and redeemed on: Art Gallery, Print-to-Order service, Glyndebourne Programme Book, Glyndebourne Tour Programme Glyndebourne Gift Vouchers, shipping costs, gift wrap service, Glyndebourne Membership, Glyndebourne Tour Membership and Gift Membership, Donations, Glyndebourne Box Office tickets, The Long Bar, Champagne Bar, Dining at Glyndebourne.
- Shop Loyalty Club customers can earn a maximum of 10,000 points in any one transaction.
- During any double points and other events, in the Glyndebourne Shop, online or via mail order Shop Loyalty Club customers will receive the promotional rate of points only. The normal rate of points at that time will not be awarded in addition to the promotional points.
- Any participation in promotional offers above and beyond what could objectively be considered consumer behaviour or personal use may be treated as an abuse of the Shop Loyalty Club scheme.
- The Glyndebourne Shop is entitled to remove points at any time if products are returned for any reason and a full or partial refund of the purchase price is given. This also applies to the exchange of products, unless the exchange is for products with an equivalent points value.
- When returning goods purchased from email@example.com, unless you are requesting an exact replacement for your return, any Shop Loyalty Club points collected on those items will be deducted from your Shop Loyalty Club card.
- The Glyndebourne Shop is under no obligation to award Shop Loyalty Club points other than for qualifying transactions.
- Shop Loyalty Club points will not be awarded for any shipping / delivery charges or gift wrap service charges incurred for online and mail order purchases.
- The Glyndebourne Shop is under no obligation to send a Shop Loyalty Club statement by post.
- If a product you purchase using your Shop Loyalty Club points is unsatisfactory, please return it to the Glyndebourne Shop. If necessary, we will re-credit your Shop Loyalty Club account with the correct number of points. No cash refund will be given in these circumstances.
- Points awarded at the time of a transaction may be removed or cancelled if the Glyndebourne Shop determines that the points were collected in breach of these terms and conditions or were awarded in error.
- These terms and conditions are correct as of 15th May 2019 and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes will be decided only by the English courts. The Glyndebourne Shop reserves the right to change these terms and conditions, at any time, for legal, regulatory, business or policy reasons. Shop Loyalty Club customers who continue to participate in the scheme following such a change will have accepted the amended terms and conditions.
- A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provision in these terms and conditions, but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- Due to printing lead times, the terms and conditions available in stores may not reflect recent changes. The most up to date terms and conditions for the Shop Loyalty Club scheme can be found on this page or can be provided in writing by contacting the Glyndebourne Shop on 01273 815033.
Click here to view the Loyalty Club FAQs