Semele Circle Gift
A gift for all year! Joining the Semele Circle provides a year of memories never to forget.
The Glyndebourne Circle helps fund our Festival and Autumn Productions and invites the beneficiary to gain an insider view of the creative process through special events and an invitation to a rehearsal, whilst supporting Glyndebourne to create extraordinary opera, and provide opportunities for people of all ages to experience opera.
This gift includes:
- Welcome Card
- Invitation to a Semele rehearsal at Glyndebourne
- Invitation to events in London or at Glyndebourne
- Personal service from the development team to arrange tickets and dining in the Festival and Tour
- Invitations to a drinks reception in the Glyndebourne Festival and Autumn season
- Acknowledgement on the Production Page of the Glyndebourne Festival Programme Book
- Updates on Glyndebourne’s wider programmes and the impact of support
Semele is among the most popular of the composer’s stage-works. In its first-ever Glyndebourne staging, Semele will be directed by acclaimed Welsh director Adele Thomas, making her Glyndebourne debut.
In recent years, Glyndebourne has forged an impressive reputation for delivering fresh and memorable productions of works by Handel, with successes including Theodora, Rodelinda, Giulio Cesare, Rinaldo and Saul.
Czech conductor and baroque music specialist Václav Luks will make his Glyndebourne debut leading the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment. American soprano Joélle Harvey takes the virtuoso title role, alongside British mezzo-soprano Jennifer Johnston as Juno and British tenor Stuart Jackson as Jupiter.
Performances at Glyndebourne from 23 July to 26 August 2023
To find out more please contact Tanya Richardson, Glyndebourne Development Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 815419.